Each year, since 1989, the Township Officials of Illinois Scholarship Fund awards funds to graduating high school seniors to continue their education at Illinois colleges/universities.
A total of $375,500 has been awarded to 222 students.
Any questions may be directed to TOI at 217-744-2212 or email@example.com.
Deadline: March 1, 2024
- Graduating Illinois high school senior.
- Applying to attend a university/college located in Illinois. Awards may not be deferred. If you need to change schools after being awarded a scholarship, please contact the TOI office as soon as possible.
- U.S. citizen and resident of Illinois.
- Plan to attend a university/college in Illinois as a full time student.
- History of extracurricular activities that demonstrates a willingness to accept leadership responsibilities (student government, club officer, etc.) or a commitment to civic responsibility, social consciousness and a willingness to serve the community (community service projects, volunteer activities with local service agencies or charitable institutions, etc.)
- Submit a 500-word essay on The Role of Township Government in Today’s Society and in the Future that will include information gained from an interview with an elected township official.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, local officials or business people.
- Submit an official high school transcript.
- Submit a cover letter and completed application form.
- Must be mailed or submitted online no later than March 1, 2024. Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Download the Application Here
Submit via mail to the TOI Office or submit below.