SPORTS FIELDS WILL BE VERY WET WITH ALL THE RAIN. IF YOU ARE USING THE SPORTS FIELDS PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ALL SPORTS FIELDS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULE WITH APPROVED SPORT TEAMS
RECREATION PLAY WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED WHEN SPORTS TEAMS ARE NOT SCHEDULED. PLEASE IF YOU USE SOCCER GOALS USE THEM WITH RESPECT THEY BELONG TO THE SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.
It maybe helpful for some to understand that the grass at the park is unlike the lawn grass you have at home. It is turf grass. This is grass that has been designed for
Let's Talk Turf!
Turf management is part science, part landscape design, part historic preservation, and part sweat.
Although there are thousands of varieties of turf grass, turf grass typically falls into one of two categories: either warm season turf grass or cool season turf grass. As the name implies, warm season grasses begin to grow as the weather warms in the spring and continue to grow through the hot summer months. Warm season grasses tolerate high summer temperatures and are more tolerant of drought than most cool season grasses. They are typically intolerant of shade and will often succumb to winter temperatures lower than 0° F. These grasses begin to go dormant with shorter days and cooler temperatures, typically turning brown in the winter. Zoysiagrass, Buffalo grass, and Centipede grass are examples of warm season grass
Procedure for Requesting use of fields/facilities
- Any organized sports activity must have an authorized permit for use of Township’s athletic fields.
- Requests for use of Township fields must be made in writing using the Field/Facility Use Application.
- All applications must be signed by the applicant. If the applicant is a sports organization, the application shall be signed by an officer of the organization indicating his/her title or position within the organization. Complete the application and return to:
Roscoe Township Office, 5792 Elevator Road, Roscoe, IL 61073
or Email to: email@example.com
- The Application must be accompanied by the following before it will be reviewed:
a) Proof of liability insurance
b) requested schedule
c) Name and phone number of a contact person who maintains all registration information for the organization.
- Upon receipt of Field/Facility Use Application and accompanying documentation, the Roscoe Township Board will review information provided and notify organization of availability.
- Roscoe Township will issue contract to organization. These contracts are non-transferable and may not be passed on to other user groups
- Contracts for Field/Facility use are issued subject to and may be adjusted by the Board where in its discretion, such adjustment is reasonably appropriate to serve the public good, including but not limited to public safety, traffic congestion and/or parking and refuse issues.
If you have further questions please contact Mary at the General Township Office 815-623-7323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org