Rockton Township manages two cemeteries. The main cemetery is located in Rockton off of West Street. The Phillips-Bates Cemetery is located off of Bates Road.
Officially, Rockton Township Cemetery was established in 1857, however there are burials that precede this date.
The Original cemetery lies along the banks of the Rock River, at the end of West St (north of Warren St.). The newer cemetery is adjacent to the original cemetery, at the end of Franklin St (where Franklin St changes names to Cemetery Rd).
The current rules for the cemetery can be downloaded through the Download Center.
You can search for burial records in the cemeteries by clicking on the following:
Rockton Township Cemetery Burial Search
Cemetery Clean-up Schedule
On or about March 15th and October 15th of each year shall be designated as “clean-up time”. All containers, pots and items of decoration which are temporary in nature must be claimed removed. New decorations may be placed after the clean up period or April 15 th and November 15th. Any out of season decorations will be removed.
Rockton Township Cemetery