General & Emergency Assistance Program
The Carmi Township offers two types of financial assistance:
General Assistance (GA) and Emergency Assistance (EA)
What is it?
- A short-term safety net when between jobs or during illness.
- A financial aid program for those who are not qualified for categorical assistance (state or federally funded aid).
- Applicants must meet financial and non-financial factors for eligibility as contained in the Township’s General Assistance Handbook. The primary goal of Township General Assistance Program is to move people back into employment.
GENERAL ASSISTANCE – grant amount dependent on individual status
- Household/Personal Essentials
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE- grant amount dependent on family size
How do I qualify for assistance?
- Eligibility for aid is generally based on financial income and resources available.
- In addition to being a resident of Carmi Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with Illinois Department of Employment Security will need to be provided.
- Contact us today! (618) 382-7889 or carmitownshipGA@outlook.com
How do I apply for assistance?
- Complete and return an application packet to the Carmi Township Office.
- After a completed packet is returned to the Carmi Township, eligibility documentation is required.
The Carmi Township office regular business hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from
9AM – 12PM & 1PM – 4PM
If our schedule conflicts with your availability and you would like to leave a voicemail, please include your name and phone number, and we’ll respond to you as soon as possible. We want to continue to serve the residence of Carmi Township in a manner that is accessible for all.
Application packets and/or any additional requested documents can be returned:
- In person/drop-box at the Carmi Township Office
- Email to carmitownshipGA@outlook.com
- Fax to 618-384-5670
- USPS standard first class mail to our mailing address: PO BOX 476 Carmi, IL 62821