Cordova Township Highway Department
Your Township Highway Commissioner is elected to oversee the Township Highway District, which cares for all of the roads in the unincorporated areas of the Township.
In many respects, the Cordova Township Road District is an independent government. Though the Township Board of Trustees certifies the Highway Department's levy, the Highway Department operates and provides its services separately, working cooperatively with other Township departments and local officials to provide a high level of community service.
James Stratton, Highway Commissioner
Cordova Township Road District
Post Office Box 311
Cordova, Illinois 61242
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK! CORDOVA TOWNSHIP ROAD DISTRICT
CORDOVA TOWNSHIP ROAD DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
OUR MISSION: "To serve our citizens and community more effectively than anyone else by treating our citizens, co-workers and suppliers as we, personally, would like to be treated and to make a difference in someone's life."
REGARDING ROAD MAINTENANCE
Our Department provides a variety of services as part of local road maintenance, including crack sealing and repaving of roads, care of drainage ditches, general repair of right-of-ways, signage repair and replacement.
- Fall is a beautiful time of year to enjoy the cool, crispness of the season. But, while you are out, please be watchful of our farming community as they use our local roads.
- Our 100 ton of salt has been ordered for this winter. We can only hope that we, once again have a mild winter. Big savings to the taxpayer last year.
- Trucks have been tested for safety and our winter equipment is ready for the months of snow and ice.
- Please drop off your old and tattered flags at the flag drop at the Cordova Township Office.
- Old eye glasses? There is an eye drop container located at the Cordova Township Office.
- New ground and street signs have been erected on Township roads. This makes us compliant with IDOT requirements.
- New narrowband radios have been purchased and our license updated for the Federal narrowbanding requirements.
- Have you noticed the resurfaced tennis courts? Time to get in shape by playing a little tennis!
- We resurfaced the Cordova Township Civic Center parking lot and a couple of our roads with microseal. Looks good and provides an excellent surface at a fraction of the cost of asphalt.
- With the help of the Cordova Township Park District and Exelon, we have purchased a new LED 4-line sign, which will be located in the park next to Highway 84. This is a wonderful tool to tout community events and safety issues.