General Assistance - Emergency Assistance
The City of Bloomington Township offers two types of financial assistance - General Assistance and Emergency Assistance
What is it?
- A short-term safety net when between jobs or during illness.
- A financial aid program for those who are not qualified for categorical assistance (state or federally funded aid).
- Applicants must meet financial and non-financial factors for eligibility as contained in the Township' s General Assistance Handbook. The primary goal of Township General Assistance is to move people back into employment.
How Do I Qualify for Assistance?
- Eligibility for aid is generally based on financial income and resources available.
- In addition to being a resident of The City of Bloomington Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with Illinois Department of Employment Security will need to be provided.
- Contact us today! (309)434-2730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID - 19 Update - effective April 1, 2020
In an effort to take proactive measures and protect the health and safety of the Township staff and individuals requesting services, the following practices are in place effective March 17, 2020 until further notice:
How Do I Apply for Assistance?
The group Orientation Schedule has been suspended.
Due to social distancing, Township building's lobby doors are closed. All public contact will be conducted via telephone. Please note that only one person can be accommodated in the entry way. This ensures your confidentiality and allows Township staff time to clean all surfaces between appointments.
- Complete the Application form. /Resources/5da23a3c-533f-4b42-b0ec-df329058d1f0/General Assistance Application.pdf Return this form completed. The Application form can be returned via: 1.)email at email@example.com; 2.) United States Postal Services (USPS) first class mail; 3.) fax to 309/827 - 3667 or 4.) in person at the Township Center via appointment. Please call 309/828 - 2356 to set an appointment.
- After a completed Application form is received, eligibility documentation is required.
Return your completed application as instructed. Additional documents will be requested. These documents can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, USPS standard first class mail, fax to 309/827 - 3667 or the drop box by the Township Center's front door.
Types of Assistance Available:'
GENERAL ASSISTANCE - up to $312 monthly if eligible
- Household/Personal Essentials
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE - Grant amount dependent on family size.
Types of Emergency Assistance Available:
- Legal Eviction Notices
- Utility Disconnect Notices
- NOTE: Emergency Assistance is only available once every 24 months (maximum of three per lifetime)
- COVID - 19 related Emergency Assistance will not be counted towards #3.