Catherine "Kay" Starostovic
"No other form of government give people so loud a voice in decisions that affect their pocketbooks, or allows the taxpayer to set policies and evaluate the business of their community once each year. Township government has been called the truest form of democracy still in existence. We must not let it disappear."
The Township supervisor is chief executive officer of the township, chairman of the township board of trustees, supervisor of general assistance, and is treasurer of all town funds, including general assistance, and all road and bridge funds, and handles the daily operations of the township administration building and recreation areas. The Supervisor has sole jurisdiction over the office of general assistance and may employ necessary help without prior approval of the town board of trustees.
Email Kay Starostovic
Serving Grant Township Residents
- General Assistance (Application)
- Emergency Assistance (Application)
- Food Pantry Requirements (Information)
- Food Pantry Donation (Info. Flyer)
- Temporary Handicap Placard (Form-must be signed by Dr.)
- Prescription Discount Cards
- Grant Township Vehicle Stickers-Free for GT Residents only
- Illinois Secretary of State "Rules of the Road" Classes & Secretary of State Day Mobile Unit
- Benefit Access (Info. Flyer)
- Benefit Access Application (website) For reduced license plate renewal and the ride free card.
- Grant Township Bus (Info. Flyer)
- Township Transportation (Info. Flyer)
- Reduced Fare Card: RTA, Metra, Pace for seniors & disabled residents
- Meeting Room for Grant Township Residents (Application)
- Grant Township Recreation Area (Application)
- Notary Service
- ADA Accessible Playground and Tot Lot
- Picnic Shelters
- Volleyball Court & Walking Trails
- Christmas Food Baskets
- Mosquito Abatement Larvae Control
- Electronic Recycling Program at the Highway Dept.
- Grant Township Newsletter (November 2020)
- Grant Township Community E-news (Dec.2,2020)