Grant Township Clerk - Barbara Schau
A township clerk serves as a clerk of the board of trustees, clerk of the road district, the local election authority, and the keeper of all township records except for general assistance case records.
Notice of Salary Disclosure FOIA information
Email Clerk Barbara Schau directly: email@example.com
- Approves the supervisor's bond for the township funds.
- Can administer oaths and take affidavits, which are required by law to be administered or taken by any township official.
- Is the clerk of the annual township meeting, monthly board meetings and any other meetings as requested. It is the clerk's responsibility to give notice of all meetings.
- Is subject to the "local records act," therefore, the clerk must have approval from the Secretary of State's office before destroying any documents.
- Offers free notary service.
- Offers voter registration during normal business hours, plus evening and weekend appointments upon request.
- Offers absentee voting during normal business hours and the Saturday before election.
- Is a non-voting member except in the case of a tie vote to fill a cacancy on the township electoral board.
- Shall annually, at the time required by Section 157 of the Revenue Act of 1939, certify to the County Clerk the amount of taxes required to be raised for all township purposes.
- Must file in the office of the County Clerk a list of all township officials elected or appointed.