Palatine Township Transportation Director
We are seeking a skilled and compassionate professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will enjoy problem solving and helping the public. This position assists in the transportation of seniors and disabled and assists in overcoming barriers to a better life.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Random drug test, background check
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to utilize personal vehicle for driver transport
- Special consideration will be given to multilingual candidates
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 35 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
Credentials & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proven supervisory skills
- Basic bookkeeping experience
- Scheduling software or logistics a plus
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage our TMS (Transportation Management System) to plan, dispatch & manage the team
- Ensures Township compliance and maintains records for FTA, PACE, IDOT, Village, State and County for buses, drivers, maintenance, safety, stickers, reports, physicals, drug testing, training, etc.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports to PACE and the Board concerning buses and ridership.
- Supervises the Transportation Assistant and bus drivers, holding bi-monthly staff meetings
- Reviews and codes all invoices for transportation service and supports the department budgeting process
- Serves as Township liaison with PACE
- Drafts and submits articles for publication in the Township Newsletter.
- Communicates with drivers via two-way radio regarding scheduling, routing, cancellations, questions, etc.
- Accurately records rider requests for T.R.I.P. scheduling coordinator
- Completes any job assignment that may be deemed necessary to fulfill the Township mission
- From $24 Commensurate with experience
- IMRF Fully Funded Pension Plan (FT only)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life (FT only)
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
Please email your resume and completed application to HRdept@palatinetownship-il.gov or you may submit to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: HR Department.
To complete the application on mobile devices, please download the Adobe Fill and Sign mobile app.
Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.