Paratransit Bus Driver
Palatine Township Paratransit Bus Driver
Part Time & Full Time
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate individual to join our team!
Palatine Township is local government closest to the people and provides social services to eight area municipalities. We transport seniors (60+) and people with disabilities within the Township. Knowledge of Township area streets a plus.
- Must have a B CDL License 1 year
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Part Time 20 hours per week, or as needed
- Ability to lift 35 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Random Drug Test and background check
- Completion of pre-employment physical with satisfactory results
Credentials & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- P Endorsement (or willingness to obtain one)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely transport clients following Township and Pace protocols
- Assist passengers in safe boarding and departing
- Timely communication with office utilizing two-way radio & other technology
- Ability to operate bus lift equipment, securing riders and assist with packages
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- From $19 Commensurate with experience
- IMRF Fully Funded Pension Plan (FT only)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life (FT only)
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
Please email your resume and completed application to HRdept@palatinetownship-il.gov or you may submit to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: HR Department.
To complete the application on mobile devices, please download the Adobe Fill and Sign mobile app.
Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.