Palatine Township Assessor Office
We are seeking a skilled and compassionate professional individual to join our team. This position will provide support and administrative support to the clients of the Assessors Office in Palatine Township and will work closely with the Cook County Assessor’s Office.
The ideal candidate will enjoy helping the public with the intricacies of the property tax code.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Office Support including telephone support
- Ability to deal with difficult people and maintain composure
- Client intake and prescreening including obtaining necessary client documentation
- Data entry while working with clients
- Maintenance of supported programs and databases
- Establish and maintain files
- Communicate with Cook County and all the villages and towns in Palatine Township
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented with a focus on getting the job done and not watching the clock
- Ability to work under pressure for long periods of time
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and business communication required
- Proficiency in Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, & Outlook), databases, etc.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. and stand for at least 30 minutes
Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Full time (35 hour per week) position includes benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, IMRF pension system and the opportunity to participate in 457(b) plan.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Palatine Township is local government that is closest to the people and provides social services to eight area municipalities. The Assessor’s office is here to answer all our client’s questions when it comes to property taxes and to make it as simple as possible to submit exemptions, appeals and documentation to Cook County.
Please email your completed application and resume to Assessor@PalatineTownship-il.gov or mail to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: Human Resources.
To complete the application on mobile devices, please download the Adobe Fill and Sign mobile app.
Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.