Palatine Township Assistant Administrator
This position serves the Township executive management team. Work includes research, planning, coordinating and directing actions on policies and/or projects defined by the Township Administrator and/or Township Board.
- Capacity to identify/manage multiple projects, programs and services effectively with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of project management, human resources, budgeting and finance, as well as IT management.
- Skilled in computer systems including Microsoft office software, Quick Books
- Ability to clearly convey instructions to employees or team. Capable of speaking effectively before groups
- Ability to read and interpret all types of documents including safety rules and regulations, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to create and edit reports and correspondence from varied source material.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with elected officials, staff, residents and vendors.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Interact professionally with residents, employees and others within and outside the organization
Credentials & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration or related field a plus
- Four years related experience in an Illinois local government or closely related field.
- Two to four years supervisory experience preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support IT related issues including contract IT support services, follow-up on IT trouble tickets and ordering
- Coordinate a comprehensive annual strategic planning process including Township Board retreats, establishing goals and objectives, implementation tracking, and year end assessment.
- Administer the Township’s risk management program including oversight of the general liability and special liability insurance programs, and track incident reports.
- Maintain and update Township-wide policies, procedures, forms and documents.
- Prepare materials for Board meetings including memos, reports, presentations, and schedule of payments
- Maintain the 5-year Capital Improvement Plan and assist in the implementation of projects
- Prepare studies, reports, and related information; conduct research and analysis.
- Provide professional administrative support to the Township Administrator & Supervisor
- Performs other duties as required for the successful operation of Palatine Township
- From $60,000 Commensurate with experience
- IMRF Fully Funded Pension Plan (FT only)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life (FT only)
- 457B Deferred Compensation Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
Please email your resume and completed application to HRdept@palatinetownship-il.gov or you may submit to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: HR Department.
To complete the application on mobile devices, please download the Adobe Fill and Sign mobile app.
Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.