Assistance may be available for eligible residents facing financial hardship making it difficult to provide necessities for themselves or their family members.
What to do if you are in need of financial assistance:
- To determine eligibility contact the General Assistance office at (847) 358-6110.
- A caseworker will then return your call and schedule an appointment if you qualify.
- You will be asked to provide various documents.
- Financial assistance will be based on funding availability.
Palatine Township Resident Assistance Programs Documentation List – Click to Download
You may contact the General Assistance office at Palatine Township Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
The General Assistance Office can assist you with the following additional programs and services:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): A federal program designed to assist low-income households pay gas and electric.
- Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP): A federal program that assists with water and wastewater bills.
- CEDA Weatherization: This program assists households in becoming more energy efficient to help reduce heating and cooling costs and to address health and safety issues for income-eligible residents.
- Salvation Army: Service Extension Volunteers for emergency rent and utility assistance
MOBILE DENTAL CLINIC
The mission of the Mobile Dental Clinic is to provide necessary dental care to community residents in our service area who do not have access to dental care due to financial barriers. To schedule an appointment and to verify that you meet the income and residency qualifications, contact the General Assistance office at (847) 358-6110.
Scope of Treatment
- Preventive: Oral exam, cleaning, fluoride treatment, X-rays and sealants
- Restorative: Cavity treatment and simple extractions
- Educational: Instruction on correct brushing, flossing techniques and complete oral care
Eligibility and Fees
- Residents of Palatine, Elk Grove, Schaumburg and Wheeling Townships
- Brief financial qualification process conducted by General Assistance Office
- There is a fee of $30 per visit to the clinic for each qualified person
- Please schedule an appointment
- Show up on time
- Please bring along a photo ID and Public Aid card, if applicable
- Follow the doctor’s instructions
- Space is limited; please limit the number of persons you bring to the clinic
Patients need to fulfill eligibility criteria. No walk-ins allowed. In case we are unable to provide service, referral will be made to the Northwest Community Hospital Emergency Department.
CANCELLATION AND BROKEN APPOINTMENTS
It is the patient’s responsibility to keep all appointments and arrive on time. Failure to do so may result in loss of treatment privileges.
If you are unemployed or underemployed, Palatine Township can help you. Please contact our offices for information.
- Job Board
- Computer Lab
- Training Referrals
- IDES Referral and Information
ACCESS TO CARE
Access to Care is a not-for-profit primary health care program for uninsured or underinsured residents of suburban Cook County and Northwest Chicago. Please visit www.accesstocare.org to apply or call (708) 531-0680 for more information.