The Palatine Township Food Pantry provides assistance to anyone in need living within our Township boundaries. Many clients have traditional families that have had temporary setbacks due to unemployment or illness; single parent families where one income barely pays the rent and senior citizens and the disabled who face spiraling medical costs. The pantry has served an average of 345 families each month during the past year. Families may come to the Food Pantry every 30 days for groceries, free of charge. Dairy products and meat are available in addition to breads, canned and boxed food. Our Food Pantry offers the ability for clients to shop for individual preferences.
The Palatine Township Food Pantry is open:
- Monday 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Wednesday 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Thursday 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM
If you need assistance:
Food Pantry Assistance may be available for eligible residents who are facing financial hardships making it difficult to provide necessities for themselves or their family members.
What to do if you need assistance in utilizing the Food Pantry only:
You must be a resident of Palatine Township to be eligible to use the Food Pantry and provide these required documents:
- Photo ID (Driver's License, State ID, Passport, Matricula)
- Current utility bill
- Birth certificates or medical insurance cards with dates of birth listed for all household members
- Completed Program Requirement Application Form (forward found below.)
- Send the completed Program Requirement Application Form, along with the required documents to: Reach@PalatineTownship-il.gov.
Program Requirement Application Form – Click to Download
Palatine Township Resident Assistance Programs Documentation List – Click to Download
If you have questions or need financial assistance contact the Township offices at 847-358-6700. If you need General Assistance, please click here for the General Assistance link.
We rely on and appreciate all nonperishable donations. Food drives are always needed to keep our shelves stocked, but each and every individual donation adds up, enabling us to fulfill our mission.
You can also shop our Amazon wish list Click To Shop.
* Please select the Palatine Township’s Gift Registry Address as the delivery address. Include your email, phone number and address on the Amazon donation so that we can send you a receipt. Thank you.
Current Food Pantry Needs:
- Spaghetti Sauce, Meat Flavored and or Herbed, Mushroom
- Pasta: Rigatoni, Angel Hair, Penne, Spaghetti Noodles, Rice Noodles, PHO, Pad Thai Noodles, Ziti
- Canned Peas, Cream Corn, Corn Kernels, Canned Carrots
- Beef Vegetable Soup, Beef Barley Soup, Steak and Potato Soup, Vegetable Soup
- Cake Mixes, White, Chocolate, Yellow, Strawberry
- Brownie Mix
- Coconut Milk
- Evaporated Condensed milk
- Chocolate Chips for baking
- Potato Chips in individual bags for lunches
- Juice boxes for lunches
- Apple Juice in Quart Bottles
- Vegetable Oil 48 ounce size
- Hamburger helper
- Stuffing Mix
- Instant Potatoes
- Coffee Ground and Instant regular and Decaf
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Toothpaste, Deodorant, Body Wash, Shampoo
- Dog Food Wet and Dry
- Cat Food Dry
- Salad Dressing
- Hot Sauce, Mustard
- Dried Beans: Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Kidney Beans
- Baby Wipes
- Diapers Size 5,6,7
Recurring donations needed:
- Pancake Mix and Pancake Syrup
- Granola Bars
- Snacks (crackers/chips/etc.)
- Crunchy Peanut butter
- Condiments – Ketchup, Salad Dressing, Mayonnaise
- Razors/Shavers, Shaving Gel/Shaving Cream (for women and men)
- Sugar free items
- Diabetic foods/snacks
- Gluten Free and Nut Free products
Monetary donations are also appreciated and are fully tax deductible. The name of the charitable organization is the Palatine Township Needy Family Fund. As a member of the Greater Chicago Food Depository, monetary donations are used to buy both nonperishable and fresh food in bulk at greatly reduced prices. From a Pantry family: “I would like to thank you for your kindness and generosity. I am truly grateful for your support at this difficult time in our lives. Without your help I would be unable to feed my family…” Thank you for your donation and making a difference in our community.