Palatine Township provides a variety of services and programs to its residents, including:
Disabled Parking Placard
- If you have a qualifying temporary or permanent disability you may be eligible for a disabled parking placard. Disability parking placards are limited to one per person. Placards are only valid until the expiration date indicated on the placard.
- Temporary Placards are issued to persons with a temporary disability and are valid for the length of time indicated by the certifying physician.
Discount Prescription Card
- The discount prescription card program helps consumers save money on their prescription medications, especially if they have no health insurance.
- The free cards are distributed by Palatine Township in conjunction with Coast2Coast Rx and may be used locally and nationwide at any participating retail pharmacy nationwide.
- The discount card is not intended to replace insurance.
- The Notary public service is available free of charge to Palatine Township residents in the Front Office.
- Please bring a photo ID that also shows your signature (for example: driver’s license, state ID or passport). We will happily notarize any documents except real estate transfers.
RTA Reduced Fare Permits
Senior Ride Free Permit
Low-income seniors aged 65 and older who are enrolled in the Illinois Benefit Access Program (formerly Circuit Breaker Program) administered by the Illinois Department on Aging (DOA) may apply for a Ride Free Permit for free rides on RTA fixed route bus and rail services provided by CTA, Pace and Metra. You must be enrolled in the Benefit Access Program before you will be approved for a Ride Free Permit. For more information about the DOA Benefit Access Program or an application, call 1-800-624-2459 or visit www.cbrx.il.gov/
Senior Reduced Fare Permit
Seniors age 65 and older who are not qualified for the low-income Benefit Access Program are eligible to ride RTA fixed route bus and rail services provided by CTA, Pace and Metra at a reduced fare with a valid Reduced Fare Permit.