Mission Statement: Palatine Township supports citizens within the Township with services authorized by Illinois law including assistance to those in need, support for accurate property assessments, senior services including transportation, and maintenance for roadways in the unincorporated areas. We provide programs and services in a timely, efficient and courteous manner always mindful that the taxpayers of Palatine Township are paying for the services.
As of this time, the following positions are open at Palatine Township.
Office Assistant Part Time – Palatine Township
This part time position work schedule is Monday through Friday, hours to be determined. The ideal candidate will enjoy helping the public as well as maintaining an efficient office environment.
This position offers the opportunity to participate in 457(b) plan and a FSA plan.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Greeting visitors and assisting or directing to appropriate staff
- General office support including telephone, general correspondence, travel and conference registration, assisting in scheduling food pantry appointments
- Front counter duties include notarizing documents, processing applications for agency services, FOIA requests, Voter Registration, absentee ballot applications and the sale of yard waste stickers
- Prepares draft annual holiday and meeting schedule
- Assists donors with Outreach Program selections/drop-offs, maintains master list of donor/recipients, Check Register of donations and preparation of Thank You letters as directed
- Annual Town Meeting: requests Registered Voter List from Cook County
- Data entry and maintenance of assigned databases and categories
- Supports the Community Outreach Director, as requested, by accurately entering donor and recipient data for Township and Outreach Programs, assists with distribution to recipients of all above programs, completing any other assignment needed by the Department.
- Also provides support to the Food Pantry Director, as requested and when Outreach programs are closed, for client intake, schedule appointments for Food Pantry and General Assistance clients, receiving and organizing supplies of food for distribution and completing another assignment needed by the Department.
Essential Job Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and business communication required
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, and software including Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and the Internet is required
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Multilingual, Spanish preferred
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. and stand for at least 30 minutes
High School diploma or G.E.D
Please email your resume to HR@palatinetownship-il.gov or you may submit to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: HR Department. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.
Full-Time and Part-Time Bus Driver
We are seeking skilled and compassionate professional individuals to join our team.
Palatine Township is local government that is closest to the people and provides social services to eight area municipalities. We transport seniors (over 60+) and people with disabilities within the Township.
Knowledge of Palatine streets a plus. This is a great opportunity to serve seniors and disabled passengers.
The full time position is 40 hour per week, and the part time is 25 hours per week (must have flexible days and hours)
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
Must have a B CDL License with P endorsement.
High school or equivalent
CDL B License P endorsement mandatory: 1 year
Please email your resume to Anna Chychula at HR@palatinetownship-il.gov or mail it to: Palatine Township, 721 S. Quentin Road, Palatine, IL 60067, Attn: HR Department. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible for employment in the United States. Palatine Township does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap; complies with the provisions of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.