Covid-19/Corona Virus Information
It is important for the City of Berwyn's residents to be unified in our response to COVID-19. We ask that you refer to the City of Berwyn's Webpage regarding information during this pandemic.
You may also refer to the IDPH Webpage and/or the Center of Disease Control (CDC) Webpage
Other links are available here in regards to more information on the Corona Virus (COVID-19)
The Township of Berwyn/ Public Health district are closed to the Public. However, we are here and ready to serve you. The following Offices are available for assistance via Phone or Department Email:
Supervisor & President, Board of Health - email@example.com
General Assistance - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assessor & Treasurer, Board of Health - email@example.com
Clerk & Secretary, Board of Health - firstname.lastname@example.org
Vitals (Birth & Death Certificates) - email@example.com
Medical - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursing - email@example.com
Inspections - firstname.lastname@example.org
708 Mental Health - email@example.com
Governor Pritzker's executive emergency order stating that all table service and bar service prohibited has currently been extended. We need YOUR continued support to keep our community safe. It is critical that we "flatten the curve" to reduce the spread of infection from COVID-19.
Newly Revised window signs will be posted until this ban is over.
The guidelines have NOT changed. They are outlined below, simply as a reminder.
- Food pick-up and delivery service is still allowed. However, customers may NOT enter the food establishment to pick up their order.
- Food servers must deliver the food at a window or may deliver the food to customers waiting in their vehicles.
- The managers should devise a system to advise customers about pick-up times available.
- Violators will be dealt with in the following ways:
- If an establishment is found to be letting customers in to pick up or eat food, then the Health District or other authorized department of the City of Berwyn will CONFISCATE THE ESTABLISHMENT'S BUSINESS LICENSE IMMEDIATELY.
- If the establishment continues to serve food without a license and in violation of the ban, then fees and fines will be imposed with possible revocation of the business license in the future.
- Establishments should watch the City of Berwyn website at www.berwyn-il.gov the Berwyn Development Corporation website at www.berwyn.net for further notices and updates on the status of the ban
If you have additional questions or concerns, the Health District can be reached at 708-788-6600
For a copy of the State's Executive Order please see our Downloads section.
For a copy of a revised Letter issued to Restaurant, click here for english or Haga clic aquí para español
Please stay safe during these difficult times.
The 708 Mental Health Board has help for those in isolation during this difficult time. Click here for access to the 13 locally funded agencies in our community in response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
There are consistent actions being taken by multiple agencies for prevention & mitigation of exposure:
-Compliance with CDC, WHO, IDPH, State of Illinois and Federal
-Monitor staff and client temperatures
-Postponement/suspension of services and events
- Consolidating services
-Provide isolation spaces
- Attempt virtual classes/meetings
- Telehealth services and communication by multiple agencies
As this crisis unfolds, and this has been a daily evolution, we continue to modify our efforts to maintain updates to and for our residents.
The Following is a message from the City of Berwyn:
Illinois Department of Employment Security - Federal Stimulus Package Unemployment Benefits (3/31/2020)
The federal government recently enacted legislation to address the dramatic economic crisis brought on by COVID-19, including an unemployment benefits expansion. While this will financially help unemployed Illinoisans in the months to come not everyone will be eligible for all benefits contained in the package, and some benefits will not begin immediately.
Please do not call to inquire about these new federal programs. Further details about the new federal programs and how to apply will be made available once they have been finalized.
To Read the rest of the information provided please click here.
For more information visit the IDES website.
ComEd Taking Steps to Support Customers - Company suspending service disconnects, providing resources and payment accommodations for those who may have challenges paying their monthly energy bill.
"...ComEd is taking action to help its customers with payment assistance programs and by imposing a moratorium on service disconnections and waiving new late payment charges through at least May 1,..."
Click here for more information.
Nicor Gas - Wants to remind you and our customers of energy assistance options available to support those impacted by the COVID-19 emergency.
- A moratorium on disconnections until April 30th for residential and commercial customers
- The Nicor Gas Sharing Program provides one-time grants to qualified residential customers.
- The Nicor Gas Budget Plan provides a convenient way for customers to plan for and pay their monthly natural gas bill.
- The Nicor Gas' Energy Efficiency Program helps customers manage their costs by lowering out-of-pocket expenses for energy efficiency improvements through rebates...
Click here for more information.
CEDA - Temporary Service Arrangements
CEDA has announced a temporary suspension of services. CEDA's Call Center will temporarily be unavailable.
Details of the temporary service arrangements can be found by visiting their website at www.cedaorg.net
Click here for the News Release (dated 3/17/2020)
Legal Aid Chicago - Providing Free Legal Services
Call 312-341-1070 or go to www.legalaidchicago.org
Click here for their flyer.