South Fork Township
South Fork Township offers assistance to those that meet certain guidelines. The maximum monthly grant is $322.00 as of December 1st, 2021.
Are you eligible for General Assistance?
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, then you are ineligible for General Assistance from South Fork Township.
- Do you live outside South Fork Township boundaries?
- Do you receive SSI/SSDI?
- Do you have a Class X or Class 1 Felony Drug conviction or Federal conviction?
- Do you have an active felony warrant for your arrest?
- Do you currently receive a cash grant from the Family Resource Center?
- Have you been denied a cash grant from the FRC for failure to comply?
- Have you had a IDHS case terminated as a result of reaching the lifetime limit?
- Have you had your SSI canceled due to your failure to remain eligible?
- Do you have children under the age of 18 in your household?
- Are you pregnant?
Print out this page to help you keep track of all the items required for General Assistance
Effective May 17th, 2021. All General Assistance and Emergency Assistance payments will be given out in a "voucher form". There will be absolutely NO cash payments to any individuals. Thank you for understanding and if you have any questions feel free to ask.