If You Owe Back Rent:
You may qualify for Cunningham Township's Rental Assistance Program if you live in Cunningham Township (most of the City of Urbana) AND have not already received rental assistance totaling one months' rent from Cunningham Township, City or Champaign Township or RPC in the past 2 years.
Download CTSO's rental assistance application here.
Required documents to submit with your application for rent assistance:
- Completed application - online (English, Español) or downloadable (English)
- Photo ID for all adults in the household.
- Social Security Cards for head of household, or VISA/Immigration # for primary applicants (if applicable).
- Proof of all income for the last 30 days (if applicable).
- Current signed lease for rental assistance or proposed lease if applying for move-in assistance.
- Ledger from landlord stating the total past-due rent.
Paper applications can be found posted outside the front door of our office at 205 W Green Street in Urbana. Completed applications and supporting documents can be submitted to the mail slot in our office front door or emailed to email@example.com at any time.
Applications will not be considered complete until all documents are submitted. If you have questions email or call us at 217-384-4144. Applications may take up to 30 days to process.