If You Owe Back Rent:
You may qualify for Cunningham Township's Rental Assistance Program if you live in Cunningham Township (most of the City of Urbana), have income, AND have not already received rental assistance totaling one months' rent from Cunningham Township, City or Champaign Township or RPC in the past 2 years.
Download CTSO's rental assistance application here.
Required documents to submit with your application for rent assistance:
- Completed application - online (English, Español) or downloadable (English)
- Photo ID for all adults in the household.
- Proof of all household income for the past 30 days. Name must be visible on all proof of income.
- Current signed lease for rental assistance or proposed lease if applying for move-in assistance.
- Ledger from landlord stating the total past-due rent.
Paper applications can be found posted outside the front door of our office at 205 W Green Street in Urbana. Completed paper applications and supporting documents can be submitted to the mail slot in our office front door. Additional documents may also be submitted online here. Use this form only if you have already submitted a Rental Assistance application.
Applications will not be considered complete unless all required documents are submitted. Incomplete applications will be held for one week for pickup then discarded. If you have questions please email or call us at 217-384-4144. Applications may take up to 30 days to process, and expire after 30 days.