CTSO Rental Assistance prevents homelessness for residents of Urbana with sufficient income of up to 200% of the federal poverty level by providing a grant to cover up to two month's rent based on what is owed.
We also assist homeless residents to access permanent housing by providing a grant to cover the deposit and/or first month’s rent.
This assistance is only for rent and/or deposit and is available to a household once in a 2-year period.
Applicants must show proof of income income and that their rent is no more than 70% of their monthly income to qualify.
Download the Rental Assistance Application here, Versión de Aplicación de Asistencia Aquiler en Español, or complete it online.
Applicants will also need to submit:
- Consent to release information
- Lease (photocopy, photo, or scan)
- ID (photocopy, photo, or scan)
- Social Security Card (photocopy, photo, or scan)
- Proof of ALL income for the past 30 days (paystubs, social security letter, TANF, child support, unemployment)
- Ledger showing what is owed
Applications and all documents can be submitted in the mail slot in our office front door or emailed to email@example.com at any time. Applications will not be considered complete until all documents are submitted. Those with questions can email or call 217-384-4144.