Donate: Angel Fund
In light of the COVID-19 crisis in our community, we are currently collecting donations to fund the following unmet community needs. Thank you for the amazing community support to date! Donate online today here or mail a check.
- Bucket Brigade with 2 weeks of "stay at home" food and toiletries for our extremely low income or disabled Urbana residents. (In partnership with Channing Murray Foundation)
- Prepared meals delivered to low-income Urbana residents self-quarantining (In partnership with the Red Herring Restaurant)
- Motel stays for homeless residents at CU Men's Shelter who have symptoms so they can self-quarantine. (In partnership with CU at Home).
- Short term motel stays for street homeless families with children who have screened for Emergency Family Shelter access and are awaiting an opening.
- Support for traditional needs as outlined below.
The Township’s Angel Donor Fund was launched in 2018 to provide life-saving support for township program participants who have one-time needs that fall outside our programs. Donations are tax-deductible.
100% of all donated funds go directly to secure food, clothing, housing, power, transportation or other tangible needs on behalf of residents.
Donations to the Angel Fund can be made by check to Cunningham Township and mailed or delivered to 205 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801. Please put ANGEL FUND in the memo.
Or donate online today here. You will be redirected to a Paypal site. If you do not have an account, simply select "Sign up" and it is quick and easy.
Here are examples of items we have funded with Angel Donor funds:
A homeless household was ready to move into housing, but an old utility bill kept them from moving in. Using Angel donor funds, we paid a portion of the bill and negotiated a payment plan with Ameren for the rest.
A family fleeing domestic violence came to our office with children who had not eaten since the day before. While we worked to get them into the domestic violence shelter, we provided a healthy lunch with Angel Donor funds.
A man sleeping on the streets came to his appointment with boots that were split open. Since his feet were oversized, we could not locate boots at any of the free or resale places in town. We ordered replacement boots online with Angel Donor funds.
We helped one of our General Assistance recipients who had been homeless for two years apply for a housing subsidy. He was awarded the subsidy but needed $375 for a deposit, which we paid for with Angel funds.
We helped a young homeless mother reunite with her mother by helping her make arrangements to return to her home and purchasing a bus ticket with Angel funds.
All donors will be acknowledged publicly. Please let us know if you wish your donation to be anonymous. Every month the Cunningham Township Board reviews all income and expenses. Cunningham Township produces an annual report on its Angel Donor fund for donors and friends of the Township.
Questions? Contact Cunningham Township Supervisor Danielle Chynoweth.
With the Angel Donor Fund, we help residents care for their neighbors.