DRURY TOWNSHIP FLAG
Regular Meeting for Drury Township will be held on August 10th,2022 at 8PM.
The Drury Township notices can be seen under the Drury Township Agenda/Notices tab to the right.
All the above meetings will take place at the Township Building.
The Drury Township Board would like to wish a safe New Year to all the citizens of Drury Township.
Kim Freyermuth Township Supervisor
Lisa Starkweather Township Clerk
John Wiegel Road Commissioner
Charles Calvert Trustee
Robert Danner Trustee
Jon Merritt Trustee
Sam Bieri Trustee
Veteran's Memorial Dedication - Illinois City
We are proud of all the veterans in our community and proud of the group who tirelessly supported getting this memorial completed and with such beauty for this small corner of Illinois City.
We thank all the veterans for the sacrifices that you have made to keep our country safe and free. And we pray that more brave men and women will continue to be willing to put their time and lives on the line for us in the future as well. Our constituents in Drury township sincerely thank you for all you have done.
A couple of instances have occurred in the township regarding right-of-way for our roads typically occurring in the winter months as it relates to snow removal and keeping our roads clear and safe. Please refer to the Highway Department section on this website for more information as it relates to the right-of-way for your township roads. It's important for all citizens of the township to understand the rules and regulations regarding this.
HELP PRESERVE DRURY TOWNSHIP ROADS!
See information about our Drury township roads in the Highway section of this website.
The new John Deere 772G Road Grader purchased in 2020 has been paid in full.
The following are some highlights of how your tax dollars were spent in 2019-2020:
- We have hauled 4500 tons of rock, with plans to haul another 1500 when the conditions allow.
- We used approximately 250 tons of cinders last winter and will haul that amount or more in for the upcoming season.
- This year the plan is to resurface 3 miles of seal coat.
- Dust control (tree sap) is costing 192.00 per location, the township is covering 62.00 of this, leaving a cost of 130.00 for the resident.
- Have a high school senior that needs more money for college? Check out the Special Services Section of our website for more information on the Township Officials of Illinois (TOI) Scholarship Program. This is always due in March.
- Have trash that your regular service won't pick up? See the Special Services Section for more information about free services provided by Rock Island County.
- The Fire Station now has a warming site with supporting facilities. See the Special Services Section of our website for more information.
DRURY TOWNSHIP INFORMATION
Drury Township was established in 1857. It had served the constituents of Drury Township for over 150 years, working hard to make sure the people of this area have the government services they need. We have the original minutes from 1857 until today. Anyone interested in viewing these can contact one of the elected officials.
Drury Township is in the southwest corner of Rock Island County, located in western part of Illinois. The township is boarded by the Mississippi River on two sides. Illinois Route 92, which crosses into the state of Iowa, is the main state highway access into the township.
The township has approximately 53 miles of roadway. There are over 800 people located in the township.
Please join us for the monthly meetings which are held on the second Wednesday of the month. Meetings are held at the township building at 8:00 pm every month except for November through February when they are held at 7:00 pm.
Click on Calendar of Events at the top of the page for specific meeting dates and other events.
Click on Officials at the top of the page to contact any or all township officials; their addresses and phone numbers are listed there. The elected officials who are serving today have a wide variety of skills which you can find out more about on the Officials link.
Click on Special Services to read about ongoing and new projects in the township including Musser Public Library usage.
If you have any questions or concerns about this website, you may contact Kim Freyermuth @ 309.781.4023.