Public Health District
"A Tradition of Service"
6600 W. 26th Street
Berwyn, IL 60402
(708) 788-6600 or (708) 788-2301
Elizabeth A. Pechous, President
Margaret Paul, Secretary
David J. Avila, Treasurer
The Berwyn Township was one of the first townships in Illinois to form its own Public Health District. The Health District is a separate governmental entity. We are proud to be able to offer these valuable services to our residents. The mission of the Berwyn Public Health District is to provide medical, dental, nursing and sanitation resources to meet the needs of the community
- Immunizations, including flu and pneumonia vaccines
- Low cost school and sport physicals
- WIC physicals
- Lead testing
- Tuberculin (TB) skin testing
- Visits to homebound for Flu/Pneumonia immunizations
- Blood pressure checks
- Fluoride rinse program offered to Berwyn schools
- Mandated vision/hearing screenings for preschools and day care facilities
- Free health screenings during our health fairs
- Community outreach
- School nursing services
- Health information for various conditions/diseases
- Rx Take Away program (drug disposal for non-controlled substances)
- Sharps collection program (disposal of used syringes/needles)
- ALL Kids application assistance
- Access to Care enrollment assistance
Please call us to make an appointment or for further information regarding our services. Additionally, more information can be found by clicking on the “Links & Downloads” tab.
* NOTE: All services are for Berwyn residents only. Other eligibility requirements may apply.
All births and deaths that occur within the boundaries of Berwyn are certified by our Registrar and filed with the State of Illinois. Beginning in April of 2009 the Vital Records has joined the State of Illinois in the new Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS). This system allows the local registrar staff to enter deaths online, joining in the global efforts to reduce excess paperwork. The Vital Records department generates nearly $50,000 in revenue for the Berwyn Health District annually. Birth and death records are maintained dating back to 1917.
To obtain a certified copy of a birth or death certificate you need to fill out a form at our office, also a driver's license or picture ID and CASH ONLY. Birth certificates are $15 for the first Certified copy and $4 for each additional Certified copy. Death certificates are $17 for the first Certified copy and $6 for each additional Certified copy.
For a mail order request of a Birth or Death Certificate, please see our LINKS section to print out your request form as well as further instructions. If you have any questions please call and someone will be happy to assist you. To order a certificate online please follow this link to Vitalchek