This program assists under-resourced families from our community. We help by providing them with all of the ingredients needed to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
Donation sign up deadline: November 3, 2023
The suggested basket contents are listed below but feel free to add a card, note, or other food items that you feel would benefit the family
Suggested Basket Contents:
|Canned Vegetable (up to 4 cans)
||Fruit (2 cans)
|Chicken Broth (2 cans)
||Instant Mashed Potatoes (1 large box)
|Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate
||Jell-O (2 boxes)
|Cranberry Sauce (1 can)
||Piecrust Mix and Pie Filling (1 can)
|Cream of Mushroom Soup (1 can)
||Stuffing Mix (1 bag)
|Dessert Mix (2 boxes cake or brownie mix)
||Sweet Potatoes (1 large can)
|Evaporated Milk (1 can)
||Turkey Gravy (2 cans)
|Other optional food items:
Basket Drop-off dates: November 6 through 15, 2023
- Note that all items in the basket should be non-perishable.
- No frozen turkeys accepted.
- A large laundry basket works great to package your donation!
- A $25 grocery store gift card would be appreciated. A gift card enables families to purchase a turkey and other perishable items for their meal. Please hand the gift card to Township staff when you drop-off your basket. (Do not include the gift card in the basket.)
- Thank you for your generosity.
- If you have questions, please contact the Township at 847-358-6700.
Interested, But Your Shopping Time Is Limited? Please consider participating in our Gift Card Program (no larger than $25 denominations please) or make a tax deductible donation to the Needy Family Fund.