General Assistance - Emergency Assistance
The City of Bloomington Township offers two types of financial assistance - General Assistance and Emergency Assistance
What is it?
- A short-term safety net when between jobs or during illness.
- A financial aid program for those who are not qualified for categorical assistance (state or federally funded aid).
- Applicants must meet financial and non-financial factors for eligibility as contained in the Township' s General Assistance Handbook. The primary goal of Township General Assistance is to get people back into employment.
How Do I Qualify for Assistance?
- Eligibility for aid is generally based on financial income and resources available.
- In addition to being a resident of The City of Bloomington Township, information regarding you and your family, financial status, and registration with Illinois Department of Employment Security will need to be provided.
- Contact us today! (309)828-2356 or email@example.com
How Do I Apply for Assistance?
- Attend one of our regularly-scheduled Orientations. (Arrive early as latecomers are not accepted.) Orientations last approximately 45 minutes. You do not need to bring anything with you, and you will receive an application package before you leave.
- Return your application package, in person, completed as instructed, bringing with you any additional information requested.
Tuesday 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday 2:30 p.m.
Friday 9:30 a.m.
**We accept Application/Paperwork:
Monday - Thursday: 8-11:30 a.m. & 1-4:00 p.m.
Friday: 8-11:30 a.m. ONLY
Types of General Assistance Available:
- Household/Personal Essentials
Pre-Approval is Required for the following:
- Dental (through McLean County Health Department)
- Medical (through Advocate BroMenn Family Health Clinic)
Types of Emergency Assistance Available:
- Legal Eviction Notices
- Utility Disconnect Notices
- NOTE: Emergency Assistance is only available once every 24 months (maximum of three per lifetime)