The Township Assessor's Office, operating independently of the Township Office, is located on the 3rd floor of the Town Hall building. The Assessor's Office can be reached Monday through Friday, from 9am until 1pm, at (708) 447-7700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riverside Township Assessor Tours Board of Review
June 9, 2017: Riverside Township Assessor Fran Sitkiewicz and her staff recently toured the Cook County Board of Review after receiving an invitation from Board of Review Commissioner Dan Patlak. With the Board's recent move to the Digital Appeals Processing System (DAPS), viewing operations is useful to see how the process has improved. From the elimination of paper files to significantly reduced hearing wait times, the entire appeal process has been streamlined.
"I encourage my constituents to file their property tax assessment appeals online. With the new DAPS program in place there are several benefits to creating an online account, including greater transparency provided on decisions rendered," said Assessor Sitkiewicz.
The Cook County Board of Review will reopen for the 2017 Assessment Appeal Session on August 1, 2017.
Pictured above, from left to right: Mary Jo Miller, Commissioner Patlak, Riverside Township Assessor Fran Sitkiewicz, and Barbara Legan.
The Riverside Township Assessor's Office acts as a tax payer advocate for local residents in the Cook County property tax system. With almost 1.8 million parcels in Cook County, assessments are determined triennially through a mass appraisal system by the Cook County Assessor. Riverside Township contains about 6,457 of those parcels. Our goal is to insure taxpayers that their property is fairly and accurately assessed. Our job is to provide assistance and educate our taxpayers as they navigate the property tax system.
The Township Assessor's Office provides a multitude of services related to property taxes:
- Assessed valuation complaints or appeals with the Cook County Assessor, Cook County Board of Review and Illinois Property Tax Appeals Board
- Exemption applications
- Certificates of Error
- Property characteristic descriptions and changes
- Applications for divisions and consolidation of properties
- Property tax estimates
- Analysis of property taxes for prospective or new homeowners and realtors
- Sales data and permit information
- Seminars on property taxes
- Name and address changes on property tax bills
- Requests for duplicate property tax bills
- Applications for property tax refunds
- Consultation with local taxing districts
- Tax and exemption information for attorneys